SMOKED BACON, TOMATO AND CHIVE SAUCE RECIPE
This recipe for you is from our beginners cookery lesson in Surrey last week with Martin. we are going back to see him very soon for his next lesson and i look forward to it.
This sauce is very easy to make with great taste, give it a go...
SMOKED BACON, TOMATO AND CHIVE SAUCE
INGREDIENTS: (3 portions)
1 finely chopped shallot
1 rasher of smoked bacon cut into pieces
Half a cup of chicken stock
A a tin of chopped tomatoes or fresh tomatoes
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
Half a teaspoon of brown sugar if required
Splash of olive oil
Sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley
2 tablespoons of chopped chives
Knob of butter
Salt and ground pepper to season
- Melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the shallots, diced bacon and the paprika. Fry until there is a little colour and the shallots start to brown.
- Add the chicken stock, chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Add the brown sugar.
- Reduce down until the sauce becomes the right consistency. When the sauce is reduced, add the chives and the parsley.
- Add the splash of olive oil.
Be careful when adding salt and as the smoked bacon will provide a salty flavour so we must be mindful not to over season. Always remember that you can add, but not take away!